Water heaters are great pieces of equipment because they are used on a daily basis. It is difficult to think about how much we truly rely on hot water for different functions within the home. The best natural gas tankless water heaters are a great choice for any homeowner because it saves you a lot of money in the long run, even if the initial price is a bit high. The gas tankless water heater can help you save over $108 per year in energy costs.
Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater Specifications
Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater Reviewed
However, when you are buying the tankless water heaters for the first time, you may be surprised at how many options are on the market today. Choosing the right one, therefore, becomes a daunting task. This review looks at 13 of the best natural gas tankless water heaters and provides you with a buyer’s guide of the most important features to consider when making a purchase.
1. 6.5 GPM V Series HE Tankless Hot Water Heater – Outdoor Installation by Rinnai
- Max BTU's 120,000
- Max Energy Factor 0.82
- Outdoor Installations
This is the perfect of value, comfort, and high efficiency in a tankless natural gas water heater from Rinnai. With this hot water heater installed, you will enjoy sufficient hot water supply for a small to medium homes. The 6.6 GPM V series hot water heater guarantees to supply your home with hot water both at the bathroom and kitchen sink simultaneously.
It has an easy to install design makes it ideal and reliable for any outdoor location. Its compact size makes it convenient for any space installation, and it saves you considerable space. The gadget comes with an extreme factory warranty, which guarantees that you will enjoy years of exceptional performance. It comes with a 12 months warranty on labor, 120 months on heat exchanger, and 60 months on parts. Rinnai has been in production for over 100 years, so you are guaranteed of their confidence in producing quality products.6.5 GPM flow rate
hot water flow
Residential factory warranty
Easy to install
Consistent pre-set temperature
2. 7.5 GPM V Series HE Natural Gas Tankless Hot Water Heater – Indoor Installation by Rinnai
- V75iN HE High Efficiency Tankless Hot Water Heater - Natural Gas:...
- Up to 7.5 GPM hot water flow rate (varies by groundwater temp)
- Control-R 2.0 mobile app features timers and schedules throughout the...
You don’t have to deal with the issues of cold water with this tankless hot water heater at your disposal. It is ideal for medium homes and also for installation at commercial premises. Unlike other hot water systems, it uses natural gas to heat water hence saving you energy and resources.
With at least a 7.5 GPM water flow rate, you are guaranteed that you will get exceptional hot water supply for both your bathroom and kitchen sink. It is also ideal for home with two bathrooms, and the hot water will not run out without your knowledge. It also connects with mobile apps allowing you easy control and water regulations throughout the day.
Indoor installation design
Remotely controlled for efficiency
Unlimited warranty covers
7.5 GPM flow rate
Does not come with a condensing vent kit
3. 6.6 GPM Pro Tankless Gas Water Heater by Excel
- Modulates heat output in response to the flow rate of water running...
- Power vented directly vertically (rooftop) or sideways (wall) via...
- NATURAL GAS - European Model - Digital Display is in Celsius
If you have extreme needs for hot water in your home, then this gadget is here for you. It has a gas input of up to 140,000 BTU per hour, which guarantees that there will also be a sufficient supply of hot water for the entire home. It works best with a radiant floor or hydronic baseboard heating applications.
It has an LCD display panel where you set temperature output to regulate its uses. Additionally, it has a feature that modulates the firepower to save you energy. Unlike other tankless heaters on the market, it has a power vented fan that operates horizontally or vertically with 3″ stainless steel flue.LCD display control
6.6 GPM flow rate
0.5 GPM electronic ignition
35 degrees instant temperature rise
Designed to work with normal plumbing fixtures
Difficult to get replacement parts as it’s still new on the market
4. 3 GPM i12-NG (Natural Gas) Tankless Water Heater by Eccotemp
- Whole home indoor, gas powered tankless water heater, rated at 3 GPM...
- Sleek, modern design with black tempered glass front panel featuring...
- Features fully automatic temperature controls with an energy saving...
This is all you need to solve any hot water problems in your house. The tankless heater has the ability to heat water up to 40 gallons per hour. Therefore, it will guarantee that your home has a sufficient supply of hot water to meet all your expectations.
The gadget has an LCD temperature display and touch screen for easy control while heating the water. Additionally, it has an indoor installation design and uses natural gas to heat. With the unit installed, you will also enjoy manual temperature adjustments. When you are not in need of hot water, you can simply adjust the unit to minimize water flow hence save energy for future use.Easy indoor installation
Stainless steel vent kit
Touch screen LCD display for easy control
35-40 degrees temperature rise
3 GPM flow rate
5. 11 GPM RU Series Sensei SE+ Tankless Hot Water Heater – Indoor Installation by Rinnai
- RU199iN Sensei SE+ Super High Efficiency Tankless Hot Water Heater -...
- Up to 11 GPM hot water flow rate (varies by groundwater temp)
- 15,000 BTU (Minimum) / 199,000 BTU (Maximum)
Install this unit and solve all your hot water requirements without having to spend more on energy bills. The unit has a combustion design that guarantees both the installers and users have an exceptional experience.
It’s designed with extreme precision to provide you the Rinnai quality and numerous years of performance. It is ideal for use in small or medium homes and doesn’t have any rationing,
Easy to install
11 GPM flow rate
Natural gas operations
Comes with a higher price tag
6. 2.7 GPM Power Gas Natural Gas Digital Panel Tankless Water Heater by Marey
- Digital Temperature Display
- Compact design saves space and allows for easy installation just about...
- Does not require electricity (operates with 2 D Cell battery)
It has a compact design and saves you valuable space. So, when you install the unit, you are guaranteed that you will have sufficient space to use on other issues. Additionally, the unit provides up to 3.1 gallons per minute. Therefore, your home will experience unlimited supply all day regardless of how often you use the water.
With a 2.7 GPM flow rate, you are guaranteed that there is minimal temperature loss when heating water. This gives you an assurance that all the energy will be channeled to good use.
Provides 3.1 gallons per minute
Heats unlimited water
Saves a lot of space
The unit is not as strong compared to other models on the market
7. 8.4 GPM RTG-84DVLN Low NOx Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater by Rheem
- Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Direct Vent Indoor
- 8.4 gal/min. at 35-Degree Rise
This tankless hot water heater is ideal for both residential and commercial usage. It has the capacity of heating up to 6 gallons per minute. Therefore, there will be enough water supply to satisfy your needs. Additionally, when switched on, the unit guarantees up to 35A degree maximum rise.8.4 GPM flow rate
Provides 6 gallons per minute
Easy to install
Efficient and space-saving design
Loses a lot of energy during heat
8. 9.8 GPM RUC98iN Ultra Series Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater by Rinnai
- INDOOR installation only. Fuel Type: NATURAL GAS.
- Concentric or PVC venting option
- Up to 0.96 Energy Factor/Up to 0.92 Uniform Energy Factor
This unit is designed for indoor installation only, and it has a unit design, which saves sufficient space. It has easy to control design, which gives you an assurance that there will be limited energy loss. The unit has a twin-pipe construction style that guarantees effective hot water supply at all designated points in a home.Easy to install
Designed with quality material
0.96 energy factor observation
Ultra-low NOx emissions
9. 10 GPM T-H3-DV-N Condensing Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater by Takagi
- Endless hot water, On-demand usage, Compact, Space saving, Energy...
- Computerized safety features, No pilot light to have to worry about
- Satisfies the 2012 SCAQMD Rule 1146.2 for Ultra-Low NOx Emissions
With this unit installed, you are guaranteed to have enough hot water to supply up to four and three bathrooms in warmer and colder climates, respectively. It has a gas input of 199,000 BTU, making it quite effective in a large family or commercial usage.Ideal for supplying hot water up to four bathrooms
High gas inputs per minute
Easy to install
10 GPM flow rate
Takes a lot of space
10. 6.0 GPM 20H Outdoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater by Eccotemp
- Rated for 2-3 applications used simultaneously means that taking a...
- Best in class 10-year product warranty offers peace of mind that the...
- Rated at 6.0 GPM at 150,000 BTU with a temperature rise of 38 degrees...
This unit has been on the market for over ten years, which gives you an assurance that it passes the quality test. It can be used for 2-3 applications simultaneously hence making it ideal for use at a typical household. Also features smart technology with remotely adjustment designBuilt-in smart adjust technology
6.0 GPM flow rate
2-3 simultaneous applications
Doesn’t have vent kit
11. RTG-84XLN-1 Tankless Water Heater, Grey by Rheem
- Exclusive Water Savings technology conserving up to 1, 100 gallons per...
- 157, 000 BTU (gas consumed per hour)
- Exclusive Hot Start Programming minimizes cold water burst by staying...
With this tankless heater from Rheem, all your hot water needs will be resolved at a minimal cost. It uses natural gas, and it conserves up to 1,100 gallons per year. The unit consumes 157,000 BTU gas per hour, giving you an assurance that you will have sufficient hot water supply all the time. It has a recirculation pump to ensure there is an exceptional supply of hot water at any given room, especially at kitchen sinks and bathrooms.Water-saving technology
Recirculation pump ready
Natural gas usage
Hot water start
26 GPM flow rate
12. 7.5 GPM RL Series HE+ Indoor Tankless Hot Water Heater by Rinnai
- Endless hot water for your entire home
- RL75iN HE+ High Efficiency Tankless Hot Water Heater - Natural Gas:...
- Up to 7.5 GPM hot water flow rate (varies by groundwater temp)
Give your home an endless supply of hot water by installing this hot water heater from Rinnai. It is designed to ensure it gives your home a sufficient supply of hot water and saves you on the energy bill. Like any other unit from Rinnai, it comes with a high warranty cover, which guarantees years of exceptional performance.7.5 GPM flow rate
Competitive warranty cover
Easy to install
A little slow in heating the water temperatures
13. 6.86 GPM Pro Outdoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater by Camplux
- Instant Hot Tankless Water Heater-Camplux advanced 6.86 GPM high...
- Multiple Protection Ensure Your Safety- CSA certified ,flame failure...
- Saving Energy & Money-Maximum power output 180,000btu/hour,Camplux...
If you are having trouble regulating hot water flow, then this unit will bring you the rest you need. It runs on natural gas so you will not have to deal with extreme energy bills. It is certified by CSA, and it has anti-freezing protection. Therefore, you are sure it keeps a convenient flow of hot water with a sufficient supply of start flow within a few minutes; it has the ability to heat up to 6.86 gallons of water.Heats 6.86 gallons per minutes
Easy to install
Anti-freezing and overheating protection for users safety
Instant hot water
Suitable for 3-4 persons whole house use
Takes a lot of valuable space
Considerations Before Purchasing A Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Naturally, the high costs involved in the purchase of a gas tankless water heater demand that buyers take their time to look through the numerous choices on the market. You may also want to think about the ease-of-use and design for the future of the water heater, especially in cases where you want to place it on sight and use it as part of your home’s décor. Here are the most crucial features to look for:
The Power Input
The size and power usage of the heater greatly determine the amount of power the heater will use. If, for instance, you are looking for a heater that is powerful enough to offer the entire household hot water for use. You also need a model that can –efficiently increase the water temperature whenever the family needs hotter water. In such instances, the more power the heater has, the better. Smaller homes need about 100,000 BTUs, while a large commercial building may need up to 1,000,000 BTUs to effectively heat water.
The Flow Rate
The power input guarantees you always have the right water temperature. The flow rate, however, determines the amount of water the heater can deliver to your home. To choose the correct flow rate for the gas water heater, you need to look at the devices you have in your home and the power you need. For instance, for only one faucet, a flow rate of about 1GPM should suffice. But, for all your water-based appliances in your home, then you want a couple more gallons per minute of water.
This is a crucial feature to consider when buying a gas water heater that will be stored indoors. The heater produces hazardous gases that need to be removed from your home effectively to prevent harming your family. Additionally, the venting system needs to take the harmful gasses to the exterior of the home.
There are two venting options to consider: The power venting where there is an exhaust pipe that you need to install to ensure the circulation of fresh air. The next venting system is direct venting is a process where the system uses both an intake pipe and an exhaust pipe. The exhaust pipe will eliminate carbon monoxide and hazardous while the intake pipe will take in fresh air for the heating process.
You also need to check where you can calculate the energy efficiency of unity. Today, saving money in energy bills is a huge plus for most homes. You can calculate the average energy costs of the heater and add up the costs to the annual operations of the device in the home.
Non-Condensing and Condensing
A condensing gas tankless water heater will save a lot of money at the installation stage, and it is also much more energy-efficient as it produces less exhaust air. These types of heaters also use PVC instead of metal, which makes them better in operations. These are great for indoor placement. If you are placing the heater outdoors, the best one is the non-condensing water heater, as they are slightly smaller and cheaper.
Choosing the best gas tankless water heaters is now easier because you know the important features to look for. The products reviewed in this article are among the best gas tankless water heaters in homes in 2020. Ensure that you consider the pros and cons of the product to ensure that you are making an investment that will save you money and provide you with enough hot water in your home.